Real party: last day of school ice cream party - Dairy Foods

Deanna of Mirabelle Creations sent me this adorable, perfect for summer, ice cream party. Now that the temps are in the seventies, sometimes eighties, there is nothing better than a big bowl of ice cream. My favorite is mint chocolate chip and there is a gallon of it in my freezer right now. I'm back on Weight Watchers (this week) so it taunts me each time I open the freezer door.

This ice cream table is so simply sweet; it pops with color and is filled with more toppings anyone could ask for.

As told by Deanna:

The last day of school is quickly approaching, which started me thinking about the after-school  party.  After the last day of school, our neighborhood kids often get together to play in the sprinkler and slip ‘n slide, celebrating the start of summer.  I wanted to design a dessert table for the last day that wouldn’t take a lot of time to plan.  The last week of school is usually filled with special activities, school talent shows, and awards ceremonies.  Since it is such a busy time, I designed this Ice Cream Shoppe Party to be done with minimal work.

The main component is the Ice Cream Toppings Table. My family has recently become a little addicted to Orange Leaf frozen yogurt restaurant. Unfortunately, the nearest store is about 40 minutes from our house; not close enough to take all the neighborhood kids. But, the Orange Leaf concept inspired my design with the fresh orange and lime color palette and large array of topping choices.

I designed the modern, simple paper items and accented with some scrapbook paper from Martha Stewart. I kept the drink table options simple – citrus water or sparkling tangerine juice. Since the kids would be eating the treats after school, but before supper, ice cream was the only dessert we served. But, the kids had plenty of choices -- four ice cream flavors, two syrups and twelve topping choices. The best part of the party was seeing all the great topping combinations the kids chose. It really reflected each of their personalities.












Thanks so much to Deanna for sending this sweet ice cream party my way!

Do you have a party you'd like to share with Eat Drink Pretty readers? Please send your submission to eatdrinkpretty(at)gmail(dot)com.

No comments :

Post a Comment