Real wedding: Amy and Jay's Indian/American wedding, part 2 - Dairy Foods

Sorry for the delay in getting Amy and Jay's part two wedding post up. Truthfully, what happened was there were so many amazing photos to sift through I couldn't get this done in one evening.

The Hindu ceremony and reception was nothing short of amazing. Vibrant, gorgeous colors, outfits custom made in India, a happy groom in traditional dress, ecstatic familes, dancing in the street and my best friend looking more beautiful than I have ever seen her look before.

I think the first photo on the left above is my favorite from the day.  She looks like an Indian goddess or royalty...if I were her I would blow this photo up huge and hang it in every room in my house.






The bridesmaids and Amy watched the barat from a window above the street where the procession took place.


Jay rode down the street on a horse while all the families sang and danced.
Amy and Jay's mandap was intricate and gorgeous.
The Hindu ceremony was like nothing I've ever experienced before.



The bridesmaids carried these baskets while we walked down the aisle. 
The reception decor was like something you would see out of an episode of Platinum Weddings.  Tall, flowery centerpieces, candles, chiavari chairs, custom menus...beautiful.


A lounge was set up around the dance floor.
I set up two simple candy tables on both sides of the ballroom.  I struggled with this one a bit because I wanted to design something that was a departure from the hot pink and acqua color scheme so I went with a peacock-inspired table.  I also had to keep it simple without too much candy because in addition to the candy bar there was an American dessert buffet and an Indian dessert buffet.  The amount of food and booze at this wedding was astounding.  I drank many martinis.  Many.




The gorgeous calligraphy was by Lovely Scribbles.
I had macarons custom made to match the blue and gold colors. 
The elephant ice luge was a big draw.  Guests loved it....especially around 11pm when the martinis were (literally) flowing.
There's Winston and I being announced and entering the ballroom, all I can say is thank goodness for open bar and the fabric I was able to wrap around my midrift.
Amy and Jay got a few minutes to sneak out onto the hotel balcony for some photos.
As you can see, the bride had a fabulous time and was dancing up a storm by the end of the night.  After an entire weekend she was ready for her two week honeymoon in Italy.

Vendors

Photography: Love Life Images
Wedding Coordinator: Trisha Cannor / Working Brides
Ceremony and reception venue: JW Marriott
Wedding Lengha: Neeta Lulla
Hair and makeup: KC Felton
Dessert table calligraphy: Lovely Scribbles
Florist: Davinci Florist and Partyland Flowers
Lighting: Partyland Flowers and Event Decor

No comments :

Post a Comment