Bacon, onion and parsley tart - Dairy Foods

I posted the recipe for this bacon, green onion and parsley tartelette yesterday and had the time this morning to make the dish. It is incredible though a bit time-consuming (thanks to my lovely sister, Kat, for her patience). I would do a couple things differently next time but overall this tart is a great brunch entree. What I really like about it is that the filling is made with milk, instead of half and half or heavy cream. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE a rich quiche/tart made with cream and lots of cheese, but these days I am opting for the lighter side of things. It does have bacon, but only 6 slices, as well as swiss cheese. I reduced the amount called for and put in about 3/4 cup.

The recipe warns against handling the dough too much, which I think I did. The longer you handle the dough the less cold the butter is, which is key for flaky crust. Handling the dough too much can also make it tough. My crust did not turn out great, it wasn't as flaky and light as I would have liked. Next time...

I paired the tart with a spring green salad with a homemade champagne vinaigrette and a side of blueberries. The vinaigrette was absolutely perfect with the tart and was very easy, click here for the recipe. The recipe for the tart is here (adapted from Tartelette blog).

You may notice a difference in my food photos below, I am using my new Canon Rebel XSI. I just barely know how to turn it on, turn the flash off (a must with food photography I've been told) and press the shutter. I think the photos are looking better already but I have so much yet to learn.







No comments :

Post a Comment