Orange Almond Cake Recipes

I made this cake when we have guest over for dinner the other day. This is a super very rich, moist and dense cake. The orange flavor is intense and if you love citrus this cake is for you. It kept really well and the almonds help to keep the cake rich and moist, and it has served well as mid-morning snacks throughout the week.

Ingredients:

226 grm butter
180 grm sugar
180 grm ground almond
150 grm flour
½ tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
4 eggs
Zest and juice of 2 oranges

1. Pre-heat the oven to 325 degree F. Greased and line a baking pan with parchment paper. Sieve the flour, baking powder and salt together. Mix in the ground almond and set it aside.
2. Using a stand mixer with a paddle attachment, beat the butter and sugar on high speed until smooth and creamy. Add in the eggs, one at the time and beat well until well combined.
3. Reduce speed to low and add in the dry ingredients in 3 badges alternating with the orange juice and zest. Mix until just incorporated.
4. Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan and smooth the surface with a spatula. Bake for 50 minutes or until the cake is golden and pulls away from the sides of the pan. Transfer pan to a wire rack and let cool.

Note: I will be going back to Kuala Lumpur early February. I hope I am able to meet up with some of you when I am home. So if you are interested maybe you can email me. My email address is at my profile. Thanks.

No comments :

Post a Comment