Lemon Yogurt Cakelets Recipes

I am crazy over mini cake pans. When I saw this beautiful Nordic Sea Shell Baking Pan I just have to get it. I think among all my baking pans this is the most expensive one. So to in order to justify the money I spent on it I better utilized it to the maximum ;) I bake these cute little cakelets with it. Aren’t they beautiful? I just love the look of it. These cakelets are crispy on the outside and really moist on the inside. It is pretty addictive and I don't think you can stop at eating one or two.

Ingredients:

1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup plain whole-milk yogurt
3/4 cup sugar
3 large eggs
2 tsp grated lemon zest
1/3 cup vegetable oil

Glaze:

1/3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
1/4 of sugar

1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour the mini cake pan or mini muffin pan.
2. Sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt into 1 bow and set it aside.
3. In another bowl, whisk together the yogurt, sugar, the eggs and lemon zest. Until light. This will take about 3 minutes. Slowly whisk the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. With a rubber spatula, fold the vegetable oil into the batter until well incorporated.
4. With a spoon fill the cake pan with the cake batter. Do not over fill it. Bake in the oven fort 20 minutes, or until a cake tester comes out clean and cake is lightly brown.
5. Meanwhile for the glaze, cook the lemon juice and sugar in a small pan until the sugar dissolves and the mixture is clear. Set aside.
6. When the cakelets are done, allow them to cool in the pan for 10 minutes. While it is still warm carefully drizzle the glaze all over the cakelets. Remove from cake pan once it is completely cool


Note: If you don’t have the mini cake pan you can always make this in Madeleines pan, mini muffin pan or even Kuih Bahulu Mould .

No comments :

Post a Comment