A light/tasty/easy breakfast - Dairy Foods

I know I said I wasn't posting again until Monday but I wanted to quickly tell you about my favorite weekend, healthy breakfast. I should begin by telling you that I am back on Weight Watchers. It is my New Year's resolution to lose a few pounds (isn't this everyones?), but mostly concentrate on eating healthy. I have found that WW works for me.

So here is my favorite 4 point weekend breakfast (I say weekend breakfast because some people don't have time to make eggs in the morning on a weekday).

Sausage, egg white and cheese breakfast sandwich

Ingredients

Thomas light multi-grain english muffins (these are 1 point because they are low cal and packed with fiber)
1 Morning Star veggie sausage patty (2 points)
1/2 slice of cheddar cheese (1 point)
1 egg white (0 points)

Preparation
Toast the english muffin. Prepare the egg white however you would like (I usually pan fry mine, using non-stick cooking spray) but scrambling would work, too. Heat the veggie sausage patty in the microwave for about 35 seconds. Flip over and heat for an additional 10-20 seconds. Layer the half a slice of cheese, egg white and then sausage on the english muffin.

There you go, a tasty 4 point breakfast sandwich (obviously you can use a whole slice of cheese but that brings the point total up to 5). This breakfast sandwich is super satisfying and very sustaining until lunch (the worst part of any diet is feeling hungry). Or if you have a healthy breakfast recipe you would like to share, please send to eatdrinkpretty at gmail dot com.

Have a wonderful Sunday!

No comments :

Post a Comment