Fried Beehoon (Rice Vermicelli) Delicious Recipes


When comes to lunch I like something simple, no fuss and quick. So I will normally have a fried rice, noddles or beehoon. I think my mom's fried the best beehoon. Her fried beehoon is always very dry and not sticking together. Mine, I tend to put too much liquid to it that is why it always turn out really soggy. The trick I learned from her is to soak the beehoon until is soft before frying them. Fried beehoon is really simple and everyone can do it.

I used beehoon, prawns, fried taufu, cabbage, bean sprout and garlic. Heat up some oil in a frying pan and put in the garlic. Then the taufu and prawns follow by the cabbage. Stir fry for a few minutes and then put in the beehoon. Put a dash or two of water and put in the seasoning like oyster sauce, soy sauce, salt and pepper to taste. Continue to stir fry until everything well mixed. Lastly put in some sambal (optional- I used Tean's) and beans sprout. Mixed well and serve.

No comments :

Post a Comment