Banana Walnut Cake Delicious Recipes

My neighbor Nancy gave me a 'Food Network' cook book and one of the cake recipe by Paula Dean caught my eyes. Since I have bananas and walnuts in hand so I gave this recipe a try . The cake is really moist and nice.

Ingredients :
2 cups of flour
1/2 tsp of baking soda
1/2 cup of vegetable shortening
1 1/2 cup of sugar
2 large eggs
2 ripe bananas - mashed
1/4 cup of buttermilk
1 tsp of vanilla
1 cup of chopped walnuts.

1) Pre-heat over to 350 degree F and line a baking pan.
2) In a bowl stir together flour and baking soda
3) Cream shortening and sugar about 2-3 min.
4) Add in one egg at a time, mixing well after each addition.
5) Mix in the mash bananas, butter milk and vanilla. Then add in the flour
6) Lastly stir in the walnuts and mixed well
7) Pour into the baking pan and bake for 50-60 min or until the cake is done
8) Remove from pan and cool completely.

Note : The only changes I made to the recipe is to add 1/2 cup of chopped dates to it and cut down the sugar to 1 cup.

No comments :

Post a Comment