The absolutely lovely Farmer's Market in Mpls - Dairy Foods

I am so lucky to work downtown Minneapolis. Every Thursday there is a wonderful Farmer's Market on Nicollet Mall with fresh flowers, fruit, veggies, pastries, herbs, etc. The veggies and fruits get more abundunt and deeper in color as the season goes by and the crowds are amazing. It is one of my favorite things to just walk up and down the street on my lunch break. I tend to buy way too much (what am I going to do with all this basil???) and spend too much time.


Today I purchased basil, arugula and a couple pastries from Cocoa and Fig (they are a new, fabulous catering and confectionery company. I learned from their Twitter feed this morning that they were going to be at the market today so I had to stop down and tell them how much I adore their blog and their beautiful wedding dessert displays. I purchased a savory ham, chive and cheddar scone and a lemon and cream cheese brioche. Did I mention I am on Weight Watchers this week? I will be pawning those pastries off on my hubby or possibly Kristin if I see her soon enough. But I did sneak a bite of the savory scone and it was delish. Their stand is located on 7th and Nicollet so be sure to check them out on Thursday at the Minneapolis Farmer's Market!!




Photo from Cocoa and Fig's blog of the brioche

No comments :

Post a Comment