A much needed Dinner Club Food Recipes

I had one of those days where a glass of wine was much needed. What made it even better was hanging with Libby and Kristin for dinner club. We had a fantastic meal and a good time.

Kristin is a vegetarian, actually three of my close friends are vegetarians (Amy, Mel and Kristin) so I am accustom to, and really enjoy eating vegetarian when I am with them.


Our dinner club menu consisted of:

Veggies with roasted red pepper hummus (purchased at the Minneapolis Farmer's Market)
Brie cheese, pear jam and crackers
Spring green salad with berries and goat cheese
Grilled portabello mushrooms with blue cheese (amazing blue cheese Kristin got from a cheese shop in Faribault, http://www.faribaultdairy.com/), tomatoes and avocados



Kristin is a great cook and even better baker. She made this amazingly beautiful fruit tart for Mother's Day. She used a recipe from Allrecipes.com, check it out here, http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/White-Chocolate-Fruit-Tart/Detail.aspx?src=etaf. Here are some modifications and comments she sent along with the recipe, "I didn't use the pineapple or its juice. I also left out the mandarin oranges. I used kiwi, strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries. Instead of the reserved juice from the canned pineapple, I used orange/pineapple juice. The glaze is probably unnecessary but makes the dessert prettier."

No comments :

Post a Comment