The guys deserve some credit - Dairy Foods

I've been meaning to post about dinner my husband and his friend Biffer (my good friend, Libby's boyfriend) made us weeks ago but never got around to it. Everytime I'd go to my blog Erik (my hubby) would glance over with hopeful eyes looking for pictures of the dinner they prepared. So here it is, honey, the wonderful dinner you and Biffer made Libby and I.

Some history, Libby and I make the guys dinner all the time, and when I say all the time, I literally mean almost every single night. So we came up with this fantastic idea that the guys should be in charge of dinner at least once a month. So March went by and nothing...then April started sneaking by and still no dinner from the guys. So I basically just told them, "hey guys, on Thursday of this week, you're making Libby and I dinner". And so they did. Finally.

To their credit (and they do deserve some), they made a great dinner. It was kind of random, but really good. They prepared:

Spinach salad with dried cranberries, almonds, mangos, starfruit with a poppyseed dressing
Steak, pepper and onion kabobs on the grill
Grilled asparagus
Roasted cheesy potatoes
Cabernet



Potatoes (any and all kinds ) are one of my absolute favorite foods inthe entire world. So Erik had that in mind when he made this. Yum. I had this weird phase where I went around asking people, "if you had to choose one food to marry, what would it be?" Duh, potatoes for me! Kristin chose cheese, Biffer chose french toast (or was it sauerkraut?) and Erik chose steak. I can't remember what Libby chose. I'm pretty sure Amy chose chocolate...and so on. It is actually quite a fun game and you will find some people are just not willing to commit.

I only got a picture prior to the kabobs going on the grill, even in it's raw form, the kabobs were very pretty, and colorful!

Thank you Erik and Biffer for this lovely meal. Hopefully you guys are planning something good for May!

No comments :

Post a Comment