A simple radish appetizer - Dairy Foods

I purchased some radishes at the St. Paul Farmer's Market on Saturday and wasn't quite sure what to do with them. Erik loves radishes and will be eat them raw/plain but I wanted to do something a bit more interesting. This simple recipe is inspired by a post I recently saw on The Kitchn (an awesome food blog I visit regularly) but I didn't have all the ingredients (who the hell has Boursin cheese on hand?) so I substituted what I had.

Radish and Cream Cheese Bites

Any kind of bread
5-6 radishes, cut up into thin slices
Cream cheese
Dill (fresh or dried)

Cut bread into 2inch by 2inch squares ( I actually used these really good multi-grain rolls I bought at the Mpls Farmer's Market on Thursday but any bread will do). Arrange bread slices on a plattter. Spread cream cheese on each piece of bread, top with 2-3 slices of radishes and sprinkle lightly with dill.

As simple as these sound, they were a huge hit. The radish and cream cheese taste great together and radishes have such a great refreshing flavor and awesome crunch. Best part is they are in season right now in MN. These would also be really great made into little tea sandwiches.

No comments :

Post a Comment