Grilled Spicy Thai Chicken Wings Recipes

I have a love hate relationship with cilantro or coriander. Growing up, I detested this fresh herb and will throw out every piece of cilantro in my mom’s cooking. My relationship with the pungent herb only changed when I got to know Carlos. He loves this herbs and I start using it in my cooking. Over the years I learned to like it and love using it in my roast chicken. Today I used the cilantro roots for this recipe of tender and juicy grill chicken wings. You can serve it with rice or a green salad.


Ingredients:

15 chicken wings
3 cloves of garlic
2 stalks of lemongrass, thinly sliced
1” of ginger - slice
2 cilantro roots or a small bunch of cilantro
2 green chilies
3 spring onions – roughly chopped
3 tbsp of honey
Juice of 2 lemons
Salt and pepper to taste


1. In a food processor, combined garlic, lemon grass, ginger, cilantro, chilies, spring onions and ground into a fine paste. Set aside
2. Clean and cut chicken wings into 3 sections, discard the tips and cut off excess fat and skin.
3. Marinate the wings with the blended ingredients, lemon juice, honey, salt and pepper for at least 2 hours or even overnight to developed more flavor.
4. Preheat oven to 400 degree F. Line the baking pan with aluminum foil. Place the chicken on the pan and roast the wings until golden brown. Turn the chicken half way through the baking for even browning.
5. You could crisp up the skin by broiling the wings for a minute or two under the boiler. Serve with warm rice or salad.

P/S I'd like to take this opportunity to wish Happy & Blessed Mother's Day to all mother's especially to my Mom in Malaysia.

No comments :

Post a Comment