Chicken with Pineapple Recipes

When I was in KL my family took me to a restaurant in Serdang and they served a wonderful fried ribs with pineapple. The flavor and taste was really good but I am not sure what they used for the sauce. I tried to recreates it using chicken as I don’t have any ribs in my freezer. The flavor is not as similar to one I had but taste wise it was pretty good. Once I get some ribs from Chinatown and I am going to try to cook this again with some minor changes to the sauce.

Ingredients:

2 pieces of chicken breast – cut to bite size pieces
1 cup of cubes pineapple
Half red pepper – cut into ½” cubes
2 cloves garlic – chopped
1 tsp of chopped ginger

Marinate for Chicken

2 tbsp of soy sauce
½ tsp of pepper
1 tbsp of Chinese cooking wine
1 tbsp of cornstarch
½ tsp sugar
¼ tsp salt

Sauce:

1 tbsp of tomato ketchup
2 tbsp of plum sauce
1 tbsp of vinegar
½ cup of chicken stock
½ tsp of dark soy sauce
½ tsp cornstarch
Salt and pepper to taste
1 tsp brown sugar (optional)

1. Marinate chicken for half and hour. In a bowl, combined the sauce ingredients and set it aside.
2. Heat up some oil in the wok and fried the chicken pieces until lightly brown. Remove the chicken and drain the oil on paper towel.
3. Remove all the oil from the wok and leave about 1 tbsp of oil. Add in chopped garlic and ginger. Stir-fry until fragrant and lightly brown.
4. Add in the sauce, bring it up to boil, let sauce thickens. Add in the pineapple and red peppers. Stir for a few seconds and add in the chicken. Toss until chicken is well coated with sauce. Dish out and serve warm with rice.

No comments :

Post a Comment