Spicy Fried Noodles/Mee Goreng Recipes

Every since I saw this noodle dish at 3hungrytummies I’ve been thinking about it. Since coming back from Malaysian I’ve been craving for something from back home. I went to the Asian supermarket in Philly with my good friend Choy and gather all the necessary ingredients for a quick fix of my craving. So here is my version of the Mee Goreng. It was pretty similar to my previous Mee Goreng Mamak . I used the sambal that I made earlier to fry this.

Ingredients:

8 oz of yellow noodles (1/2 packet) - wash
10 shrimps – peeled and deveined
1 small piece of fish cake - sliced
1 tomato – cut into small wedges
2 piece of fried tofu – cut into ½” cubes
A small bunch of mustard green – wash and cut into 1” length
2 shallots – sliced thinly
3 cloves garlic – chopped
¼ cup water


Seasonings:

3 tbsp of sambal
2 tsp dark soy sauce
3 tbsp soy sauce
Salt and pepper to taste

1. Heat up a wok, add in about 3 tbsp of olive oil. Sauté garlic and shallots until fragrant and lightly brown.
2. Add in shrimp, tofu, tomato and fish cake. Stir-fry for a minute, add in the sambal, and the rest of the seasonings. Mix well.
3. Add in the noodles, stir well. At this stage you can add a bit of water and the vegetables. Cook and stir-fry for another 2-3 minutes. Check seasonings.
4. Dish out and serve warm.

No comments :

Post a Comment