Montad Chuame/Cassava In Coconut Sauce Recipes

I love Thai desserts. I find Thai desserts have a real fragrant of freshly squeeze coconut milk and pandan leaves. One thing good about living in Malaysia is we can get freshly squeeze coconut milk and this make a great difference in the taste of a dessert. I made this Thai dessert recently. I find the original Montad Chuame way too sweet for me as they cook the Cassava together with loads of sugar and here is my version of Montad Chuame.

Ingredients:

500 grams of peeled cassava
100 grms sugar
Enough water to cover the cassava

Sauce:

1 cup of thick coconut milk
1 tsp salt
3 tbsp sugar
½ tsp cornstarch

1. Cut the cassava into big chunk. Put the cassava in a pot, cover it with water and put in the sugar. Cook over low heat until the cassava is soft and translucent. Turn the cassava once during cooking.
2. While waiting for the cassava to cook, make the coconut cream sauce.
3. Combined all the sauce ingredients in a small saucepan and bring it up to boil and set it aside.
4. Once the cassava is cook, remove and serve it with some coconut sauce.

No comments :

Post a Comment