Classic Yellow Cake with Dulce De Leche Frosting Recipes

I made this cake for Carlos birthday a few weeks ago. I asked him what cake he likes for his birthday and all he wants is a simple yellow cake with Dulce De Leche Frosting. Carlos (from Argentina) grew up eating DDL with all his dessert so it is his all time favorite. But for me when I heard DDL I already can imagine how sweet the cake will taste which I am not a big fan of, but since it is his birthday I can’t say no to his request. Then I remember seeing Wendy made frosting out of fresh cream and DDL and decided to use that.


As for the yellow cake it is just a simple yellow cake recipe which I used often but the highlight of this cake is the frosting. Let me tell you the frosting is to die for. The cake was not too sweet and has a great flavor of DDL. I will definitely use this frosting again for his birthday cake next year. For the frosting recipe you can refer to Wendy’s posting here.


Here are a few pictures I took of the cake. It is not the best looking cake as I hardly decorate a cake. If you are a regular reader of this blog you will notice that most of the cakes here are bare. Nevertheless Carlos was happy with it.

No comments :

Post a Comment