Banana oat muffins - Dairy Foods

Looking for a good muffin recipe? I made these banana oat muffins a couple days ago on my day off. There is nothing like waking up to an entire morning stretched before you with no plans. Not only did I have time to bake all morning, I was able to sit and enjoy the muffins and a cup of coffee with my husband, my sister and friend Libby. What a perfect morning.

Banana Oat Muffins (recipe from Honey and Jam blog)

1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (or half white/half wheat)
1 cup rolled oats (I used regular oatmeal)
1/4 cup white sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 egg3/4 cup milk
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup mashed bananas

Combine flour, oats, sugar, baking powder, soda, and salt in a medium bowlIn a large bowl, beat the egg lightly. Stir in the milk, oil, and vanilla. Add the mashed banana, and combine thoroughly. Stir the flour mixture into the banana mixture until just combined. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper bake cups, and divide the batter among them.Bake at 400 degrees F for 18 to 20 minutes.



{Photo credits: above photos are from my crappy camera}



{Photo credit: the two above gorgeous photos are from Honey and Jam}

No comments :

Post a Comment