Roasted turkey and proscuitto pizza - Dairy Foods

Thanksgiving is officially over. I hope you had a wonderday day. Erik and I had a great Thanksgiving, we made it over to my parent's house bright and early and had the turkey in the oven by 9am. I'll have a full post on all our Thanskgiving day food, fun and decor on Monday.

In the meantime, I wanted to share this pizza recipe I found from My Recipes / Cooking Light because I'm sure you have plenty of leftover turkey and need something to do with it. I haven't tried this recipe yet, but plan to over the weekend.

Roasted turkey and proscuitto pizza

Ingredients
1 (12-ounce) prebaked pizza crust (such as Mama Mary's)
3/4 cup tomato and basil pasta sauce
1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded fontina cheese
1 cup shredded cooked turkey breast
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
1/4 cup (1 ounce) grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
1 cup torn arugula leaves
3 slices prosciutto, finely chopped (about 2 ounces)
Preparation
Preheat oven to 425°.

Place crust on a baking sheet. Spread sauce over crust; sprinkle with fontina. Toss turkey with vinegar. Top pizza with turkey, onion, Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, and pepper.

Bake at 425° for 12 minutes or until crust is browned. Remove from oven. Sprinkle with arugula and prosciutto


Photo credit to My Recipes / Cooking Light

No comments :

Post a Comment