Brunch and mimosas - Dairy Foods

Weekend mornings often mean a big breakfast with eggs, bacon, toast and coffee with my honey. They sometimes also include my girlfriends for brunch complete with mimosas.

I found this mimosa recipe on Martha Stewart's website. Now, I know what you're thinking...who needs a recipe for mimosas? All you need is orange juice plus sparkling wine (prosecco, cava, champagne, etc) and poof, you have a mimosa. Well, that certainly works and has been the approach my girlfriends and I have taken for years, but I am curious to try the recipe below. It includes freshly squeezed orange juice, lemon juice, orange-flavored liqueur and a mint leaf. That sounds pretty amazing to me.

Mimosa (recipe below makes one cocktail, which seems sort of ridiculous...I mean, who only drinks one mimosa?)

Ingredients

6 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
2 tablespoons orange flavored liqueur, such as Grand Marnier
Prosecco, chilled
Fresh mint leaf

Directions

In a Champagne flute, mix together orange juice, lemon juice, and liqueur. Fill with Prosecco. Garnish with mint leaf and serve immediately.



{Photo credit: Martha Stewart}

And speaking of brunch, I am off to Dixies on Grand in St. Paul for their Sunday Champagne Brunch with my mom and sister. Did I mention it includes a bottomless glass of champagne??? Erik is tailgating and going to the Vike's game today and I'll be hanging with the ladies. What a lovely Sunday. I hope you all have one as well!

No comments :

Post a Comment