Rustic chic centerpiece - Dairy Foods

I spent Saturday morning with my sister running all over town to get supplies to make centerpieces for my upcoming company holiday party. My company throws a helluva holiday party each year and I have been on planning committee for five years now (I'm sure you're not surprised).

This party is amazing each year; everyone dresses up, has cocktails (including a signature martini that flows down an ice luge), eats a delicious meal and dances to a live band. I can't wait! And thanks for my friend/coworker, Allison (who went shopping with me last week) I now have a fabulous dress to wear.

Back to the centerpieces, as you can see in the photos below, they are very rustic with a touch of chic. The theme for our party is "Rustic Chic Hunting Lodge", it may sound a bit out there, but we have a great creative team that dreamed this up and brought it to life with save-the-dates, invitations, posters, a website for rsvp-ing and also with decor ideas. We are going to have huge cardboard animal heads hanging at the venue and also smaller ones that will be incorporated into the centerpieces.

The centerpiece below is one of three that will be at the party. The other two are being created by Tara from A Day in Provence, an amazing florist that does the design of our party each year (she was also the florist for my wedding). We found this centerpiece below from Once Wed, a great wedding blog that contains step by step instructrions for DIY projects. It fits perfectly into our theme.

It's a good thing I love event planning because there are times when all the little details can get a bit frustrating (I'm referring to the 30 minute wait at JoAnn Fabrics and then having to run to Michael's, The Dollar Store and Wal-Mart to find enough of the cylinder vases). In the end, I'm sure it will be worth it.

The party is in less than two weeks and I'll be doing a full post on all its fabulousness.



{Photo credit: Once Wed}

No comments :

Post a Comment