Brussel sprouts - Dairy Foods

Brussel sprouts didn't have a very good rap growing up in my house. My mom used to tell stories about how her parents would make her stay at the dinner table until her brussel sprouts were gone. My mom hated brussel sprouts. Her parents must never have cooked them using this recipe below.

My friend Libby made this brussel sprout recipe the other night for dinner in addition to roasted potatotes and chicken. It was a pretty simple meal, but hardy and delicious. I have to admit this was only my second time ever eating brussel sprouts (first was just a couple weeks ago at Cafe Lurcat), what can I say? I listen to my momma. But since giving them a chance they have quickly climbed up to being one of my top fave veggies.

Brussels Sprouts with Crisp Prosciutto (recipe from Cookinglight.com)

Ingredients

3 cups trimmed halved Brussels sprouts (about 1 1/2 pounds)
1/4 cup chopped prosciutto (about 1 1/2 ounces)
Cooking spray
1 tablespoon butter
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice

Preparation

Cook Brussels sprouts in boiling water 3 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain.
Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat; add prosciutto. Cook 6 minutes or until crisp, stirring occasionally. Remove from pan; set aside.

Heat pan coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add Brussels sprouts; sauté 3 minutes or until lightly browned. Add butter, salt, and pepper, stirring until butter melts. Remove from heat; drizzle with juice. Add prosciutto; toss to combine.

Note: Pull off any limp outer leaves, and closely trim the stem end-don't cut too much off, or the Brussels sprouts may fall apart."


{Photo credit: above two are from my crappy camera}


{Photo credit: Cooking Light, Randy Mayor}

No comments :

Post a Comment