Happy Friday! - Dairy Foods

{Photo credit: Dollhouse Diary via The Sweetest Occasion}

Sorry for the late post today. I have a great excuse, I promise. Erik and I have decided that Thursdays are "no technology Thursdays" in our household. That means when we get home from work there is absolutely no iPhone, IPad, TV, laptop...which ultimately means no blogging. It was my idea, one evening I just sort of had an out of body experience and saw my husband watching ESPN on TV while reading the news on an iPad. I was sitting next to him in bed with my laptop, blogging and obsessively checking email on my iPhone. We were sitting next to each other but could have been on opposite ends of the world.

I thought it would be nice for just one day a week, to put away technology and enjoy each other's company. We've done this two Thursdays in a row and it's nice. We are going to stock up on some board games and puzzles and drink lots of red wine.

Maybe it all sounds completely silly and like we have to be really deliberate to spend time together. But we are busy these days and technology doesn't do anything to free up time, in fact, there is less time.

So unless I get it together and write a double post on Wednesday evenings I may not have a post on Friday. I'll do my best though, I promise.

Thank you for reading Eat Drink Pretty today and have a wonderful (technology free?) weekend!

No comments :

Post a Comment