Taco night with the fam - Dairy Foods


{Photo credits: Epicurious and Martha Stewart}


My family and I are starting a new tradition; taco night. Taco night is going to be the second Thursday of every month, starting this evening. The plan is to gather at my parent's house and each family member is in charge of bringing a few ingredients. Tonight we are doing basic ground beef tacos. Each taco night will be a different taco recipe; shrimp tacos, veggie tacos, pulled pork tacos, etc.

Taco night was actually my husband, Erik's idea. One day we were eating dinner and I asked him, "do you think we spend enough time with my parents?".  I am fortunate enough to live within 15 miles of my immediate family; my parents, older brother, younger sister and younger brother.  But we are all so busy and can go for a month without seeing each other.  His answer, "what if we started a taco night?".  Erik actually had ulterior motives with this idea. He loves tacos. But...he also loves my family. And I really, really love him for that.

In honor of my family's first taco night, I searched the web and rounded up these delicious recipes.

Southwestern shrimp soft tacos
Veggie tacos
Fish tacos with salsa verde
Pulled pork tacos
Roasted chicken tacos
Smoky beef tacos  

Do you have a favorite taco recipe?  Please comment and share!!!

No comments :

Post a Comment