Gorgeous chic dessert table - Dairy Foods

Sometimes I receive submissions from readers that hands down, belong on Eat Drink Pretty.  Those submissions scream prettiness and make me want to drop everything and post immediately.  This gorgeous dessert table was one of those submissions, sent by Louise of Louise Macpherson Wedding Design all the way from Scotland.  Louise is a loyal reader of Eat Drink Pretty and has sent me sweet emails and comments over the past few months.  I love when readers submit their work!

Photo credits to Christopher Currie Wedding Photography.
As told by Louise:

"As is always the case in wedding trends the UK follows where the USA leads, and dessert tables are only just starting to become more common over here. For me they combine two great loves of weddings and baking, so it was a no brainer for me that I included this in my shoot plans.

My starting point was my brand colours of grey and a minty green, with lots of white to keep it clean and simple. The gorgeous cupcakes and cake pops were supplied by a local small business, but I wanted to show how easy it is to create a stunning cake on a budget so I made the two-tier cake myself, and used velvet ribbon and a big corsage to decorate. I think it looks fantastic and the decorations cost under £10! The meringue 'kisses' were a last minute late-night baking addition. To make sure the images kept a wedding-y feel to them I wanted to add some flower bouquets, but nothing too over the top. I finally settled on a small bouquet of baby's breath which I'd not really considered before (again, this is a much under-used flower in the UK) until seeing your sister's wedding on your blog."









Wow, this cake is STUNNING! I can't believe Louise made it herself!

Louise's gorgeous dessert table proves you can achieve huge impact with simplicity and limited budget.  Thanks so much for your submission, Louise and best of luck with your wedding planning business!  Be sure to check out Louise's lovely website.

Vendors
Cupcakes and Cake Pops - Cup Couture
Stationery - Lovat Press

Do you have a party/dessert table/shower/wedding you would like to share with Eat Drink Pretty readers?  Please send your submission to eatdrinkpretty{at}gmail{dot}com.

No comments :

Post a Comment