Chinese Peanuts and Sesame Candy Bars Recipes

I grew up eating this peanut candy and it is Carlos favorite snacks too. This candy is something that we will have on our CNY snack tray too. I Google for it and the only recipe I find is from Aunty Lily’s so I used hers. Here is a note to myself the next time I am making this again. Do not talk on the phone while making this!! The phone rang when this was cooling down and by the time I hang up the phone, the candy got way too hard when I tried cutting it so I end up breaking most of it. That is why you see the ugly pieces here. I am submitting this cookie to Aspiring-Bakers # 3 My Favourite CNY Cookies hosted by j3ss kitch3n

Ingredients:
Recipe adapted from Aunty Lily’s

1 cup sugar
2 tbsp white vinegar
1 tbsp water
1/4 cup toasted sesame seeds
2 1/4 cups skinless roasted peanuts


1. Line a 6 ½" x 10" cake pan with foil and greased it generously with oil. Combined half of the toasted sesame seeds and peanuts together and lay it evenly on the pan.
2. Combine sugar, vinegar and water in a heavy bottom saucepan. Cook over medium heat until it reaches 300° F on a candy thermometer. (I just let it reach to light brown color stage)
3. When the sugar mixture has reached the required temperature, carefully pour the sugar mixture over the nuts in the baking pan.
4. Smooth the surface with a spatula. Sprinkle with the remaining sesame seeds and cool slightly.
5. While candy is still warm, remove from pan by lifting the foil. Cut into 2" by 1" pieces and then allow to cool completely.


Note: Be careful when you eat this as they are very hard.

No comments :

Post a Comment