Assortment of Pineapple Tarts Recipes

Chinese New Year won’t be complete without these little morsels. Pineapple tarts are usually available during CNY. So, what makes a good pineapple tart? For me it have to be bite size so that you won’t feel too guilty eating too many of it. The pastry has to be buttery, sturdy enough to hold the jam but soft enough to melt in your mouth. The jam is flavored with cinnamon and I like the jam to have a hint of sourness in it. I like my tarts to have plenty of jam on it so I do not skims on the pineapple jam. When the flavor of the buttery tart and the jam comes together, it should strike a blissful balance. I don’t think anyone can stop at just eating one or two. Forget about your diet. Start your diet only after CNY ha ha...



Since most of you already have your favorite recipes for the tarts so I am not going to post it here but if you want it you can always check my previous posting here . I am just showing some pictures of the tarts I made using different design. There are so many designs and patterns out there now compare to years ago which only have one. Enjoy and let me know which one is your favorite design for the tarts.

I am submitting this cookie to Aspiring-Bakers # 3 My Favourite CNY Cookies hosted by j3ss kitch3n

This is the most traditional looking ones

This design has been around for some time now. To make this the dough have to be pretty soft.

This mould do not have an indentation at the center so it is quite difficult to put the pineapple jam.

I like the design of this one. Great for Valentine's Day but not easy to put the jam either.

I like this new mould the best. Great indentation in the center to hold the jam.


I love the design of this one but the mould is not so easy to work with.

This is the design that you can make even without the pineapple tart mould. Just take a round cookie cutter, cut the pastry, put the pastry in a small muffin tray, filling it up with jam and voila!!! Pineapple Tarts

Here are some enclosed ones. These involves more work and longer time to make.


Last but not least all the moulds and tool that I used to made these. Making pineapple tarts is hard work. No wonder people bake this once a year ;)

No comments :

Post a Comment