Citrus Madeleines Recipes

Is Madeleine a cake or are they a cookie? I guess they fall in between a cake and a cookie. I made this with my new Madeleines pan which I bought not too long ago. The previous ones were baked from flimsy silicon pan which I am not too keen to use it again. Since I’ve tried a couple of variations before, this time I made it with lemon and orange. I love anything citrusy so this is a great combination for me.

Ingredients:

1 cup/130 grm sifted cake flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
3 large eggs
2/3 cup sugar
1 tbsp finely grated lemon zest
1 tbsp finely grated orange zest
1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 tbsp fresh orange juice
1/2 cup/113 grm unsalted butter, melted, plus more for pans
Confectioners' sugar, for dusting (optional)

1. Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt into a bowl.
2. Put eggs, sugar, lemon juice, orange juice and zests in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment. Beat on medium-high speed until pale and thickened, about 5 minutes. Mix in butter. Using a spatula, fold flour mixture into egg mixture. Let batter rest 30 minutes.
3. Preheat oven to 350 F. Butter two Madeleine pans (not necessary if they are non-stick).
4. Spoon batter into prepared pans, filling the molds three-quarters full. Bake and rotating pans halfway through, until edges are crisp and golden it will take about 7-8 minutes. Let it cool slightly in pans on wire racks. Invert, and unmold. Dust with confectioners' sugar, if desired.

No comments :

Post a Comment