Fruit Crumble Cake Recipes

There is one blog which I admire a lot since I start blogging is Technicolor Kitchen . The owner of the blog Patricia Scarpin from Brazil is such a talented chef and photographer. She makes everything look so delicious and beautiful. You just wanted to try out everything she posted at her blog. When I saw her Fruit Crumble Cake I knew I just have to make it right away. It turns out beautifully. The cake has a very nice fruity taste and I just love the crunchy crumble topping. I did some minor changes to the recipe and instead of 8” x 12” square pan, I used 8” x 8” pan, that is why the cake turn out a bit taller than hers and for the fruits I just used whatever fruits that I have in my fridge.

Ingredients:
Adapted from Technicolor Kitchen

3/4 cup/1 1/2 stick unsalted butter, softened
1 1/3 cups sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 eggs
2 1/3 cups all purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
pinch of salt
1/4 cup (60ml) whole milk
5 plums, stoned and thinly sliced
5 apricots, stoned and thinly sliced
1 tbsp sugar - for sprinkling

Crumble topping:

1/3 cup all purpose flour
1 ½ tablespoons caster sugar
2 ½ tablespoons (35g) cold unsalted butter, chopped

1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F. Butter an 8” x 12” (I used 8” x 8” so the cake turns out much thicker than her) baking pan and line with baking paper – butter the paper as well.
2. Place the butter, sugar and vanilla in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat until light and creamy. Gradually add the eggs and beat well. Sift the flour and baking powder over the mixture, add the milk and beat in low speed until combined. Spoon the mixture onto prepared pan, arrange the fruit over the top and sprinkle with the extra sugar.
3. To make the crumble topping, place the flour, sugar and butter in a bowl and rub with your fingertips until fine crumbs form. Scatter over the fruit.
4. Bake for 50 minutes or until cooked when tested with a skewer.

No comments :

Post a Comment